ZEN HARMONY YOGA
Yoga philosophy and practice entails balancing the body, mind and soul, thereby enhancing physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing. Yoga comprises of three fundamentals, the external relating to physical health and fitness, the internal to the psychological health and intellect, and the innermost to spirituality and benevolence.
Yoga takes into purview the mind, the body and the soul. The body must be purified and strengthened through physical exercises and discipline. The mind must be cleansed and liberated of all inhibitions and constraints and the soul enlightened.
Yoga enables us to better manage our feelings, reactions and responses to situations we are confronted with. The regular practice of yoga results in benefits, including youthful face & figure, gracious posture & carriage, clear complexion, improved blood circulation & all- round wellbeing.
Zen Harmony Yoga exercises comprise:
- Light exercises done in sitting Asana position and in sequence to relax and strengthen the toes, feet, ankles and legs, knees and hips, waist and stomach, back, chest and heart, fingers and hand, shoulder and neck, elbow and the eyes.
- Sun worship, a series of twelve graceful movements done sequentially such that energy stretches through the spinal cord simulating blood circulation. A regular practice of this exercise improves the digestive system and heart functioning, flushes impurities from the skin and is beneficial to the endocrine system thus aiding metabolism of the body.
- Mudras exercises bring about a balance of the five elements in our body thereby improving the functioning of all the internal organs and body physical as well as enhancing psychological and spiritual wellbeing.
- Asanas are posture exercises that involve bending, twisting, sitting, standing, inverting and supine position; they are highly beneficial in terms of physical, psychological and physiological wellbeing.
Based on the best traditions from all schools of Yoga, we have developed practices and measures of Zen Harmony Yoga that precisely meets the specific needs of Scuba Diving and Snorkelling.
- Increased flexibility.
- Proper alignment of the muscular, skeletal system.
- Increased stamina.
- Reduced risk of muscle stress, cramp etc
Zen Harmony Yoga improves physical fitness and manoeuvrability in water to adapt to circumstances and changing conditions in the oceanic water environment, thus enhancing the experiences of Scuba Diving and Snorkelling whilst at the same time reducing the risks of physical injury.
Annex 3: Zen Harmony Yoga diving exercises, pre and post diving
Annex 4; Zen Harmony Asanas diving postures, pre and post diving
Zen Harmony Yoga is an essential part of Zen Harmony Diving pre and post dive processes.